We had a wonderfully exciting 2016-2017 season!
More exciting events are coming in the fall. Watch this space!
The Boston Wagner Society, a nonprofit organization formed under section 501(c)(3), strives to promote the enjoyment and knowledge of Richard Wagner’s enchanting and profound operas, as well as his songs and instrumental music.
- The society presents high-quality, low-cost performances of Wagner’s works featuring international and local singers, as well as offering promising artists an opportunity to perform excerpts from Wagner’s operas. These concerts are open to the general public.
- It regularly invites scholars and authors to present audiovisual materials on various aspects of Wagner’s music, his librettos, and his life. Many of these events are free, and all of them are open to the general public.
- It publishes the quarterly newsletter Wagneriana, which includes essays on Wagner’s music; reviews of live performances, CDs, and DVDs; and reports on Wagner-related events of interest.
- The society collaborates with and assists other music organizations in their performances of Wagner’s music and other presentations.
- It offers members an opportunity to purchase much-coveted tickets to the Bayreuth Festival and provides discounts to Wagnerian performances in the area and other cities.