Save the Date!
Sunday, November 11, 2018, 3 p.m.
After the huge success of our Siegfried concert (Act 1) two years ago, world-famous baritone Alan Held returns to sing Wotan’s Farewell, “Mein Vater” from Parsifal, and Hans Sachs’s final excerpt from Die Meistersinger.
In addition, we also present mezzo-sopranos Joanna Porackova and Janice Edwards and tenors Peter Furlong and Adam Russell. They will sing excerpts from the Ring, and Adam Russell will perform the final aria from Parsifal. Our pianist will be music adviser Jeffrey Brody.
This concert will take place at Gordon Chapel, Old South Church.
Stay tuned for more details!
About The Boston Wagner Society
The Boston Wagner Society is a nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing the knowledge and enjoyment of Richard Wagner’s thrilling and profound music.
The Society offers:
- Free presentations and lectures by noted musicians and scholars
- Discounts to concerts by the Boston Wagner Society
- Discounts to concerts presented by other organizations
- A free quarterly subscription to the journal Wagneriana
- A chance to be published in Wagneriana
- An opportunity to obtain coveted tickets to the Bayreuth Festival
- An opportunity for up-and-coming Wagnerian singers to perform
- Networking and socializing with fellow Wagnerians